- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds, optional
- ¼ cup chopped parsley, optional
Greek yogurt dressing:
- ½ cup organic plain yogurt
- 2.5 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients into a medium mixing bowl. Whisk together until smooth and well combined. Taste test and adjust any ingredient as needed.
- Mix the cabbage, carrots, parsley, and seeds. Toss until well combined.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
- 1 14 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbsp creamy tahini
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-5 tbsp of water, as needed
- 1 cup steamed beets
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl. Enjoy!
Note: Spice it up with fresh mango or pineapple, or add additional veggies like bell peppers or kale!
- 3 medium avocados, ripe
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Sprinkle of salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- jalapeño pepper, diced, to taste (optional)
- Slice avocados lengthwise and remove the pits. Spoon out avocado and add to a bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork until chunky.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients, including any additional add-ins. Taste test and adjust ingredients as needed. Serve and enjoy!
- 1 cup cucumber, grated
- 1 cup organic Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Using a grater, grate cucumber or use food processor. Drain excess liquid from the cucumber.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to one hour to let the flavors marinate.
- Serve chilled.
- 1 15oz can san Marzano tomatoes crushed
- 1 4 oz. can green chiles, diced and undrained
- 3 ripe roma tomatoes, chopped
- ½ small red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, ends trimmed
- 1 fresh lime, juiced (about 3 tbsp)
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ - 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients, aside from the crushed tomatoes and green chiles, to a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Pulse until the mixture is well blended.
- Pour the mixture into a large serving bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Alaya Naturals Blog and its materials are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. All material on the Alaya Naturals Blog is provided for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified healthcare provider for any questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before undertaking any diet, exercise or other health related program.