I love waffles, kids love waffles, and the best part is about baking them is that are done with in minutes. Perfect for hungry kido or busy parent. These are favorite among my mini-chefs for their light and fluffy texture, and kids love to mash the bananas. I like to use coconut flour in gluten free baking not only for the flavor but for the amount of fiber and protein per serving. Try swapping out the chocolate chips blueberries, raspberries or strawberries for tart and tangy taste.
- ¼ cup coconut flour I like Bobs Red Mill
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/4cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil or butter, one reserved for greasing the waffle iron
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, chocolate chips, and salt together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together eggs, milk, vanilla, coconut oil, and mashed bananas.
- Mix the wet ingredients with dry until they are all incorporated.
- Heat and grease waffle iron.
- Spread mix evenly in iron and bake until done (about 1-2 minutes). For a little some extra special, serve with banana slices, yogurt, and dried coconut!