Full holiday menu! Enjoy :)
HEALTHY HOLIDAY STUFFING- Gluten Free, paleo, keto
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 cups onion diced
- 2 cups celery diced
- 1 cup mushrooms diced
- 1 cup apple cored and diced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or dates, chopped
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 4 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups organic almond flour
- 3 eggs whisked
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery, apple, mushrooms, cranberries or dates, parsley, poultry seasoning, sage, salt, and pepper. Sauté 7 minutes.
- Transfer to baking dish. Stir in almond flour and mix well. Add the whisked eggs and stir well. Bake for 50 minutes.
ROASTED GARLIC BRUSSELS SPROUTS (approximately 130 calories)
- 8 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 heads of garlic
- 2 tablespoon oil, olive, extra-virgin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, black ground
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Separate garlic cloves and peel them.
- Toss garlic and brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables on a large baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake vegetables for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.
MASHED SWEET POTATOES
- 4 medium sweet potatoes skin on, diced into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp pure grade b maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- raw pecans, crushed (for topping if desired)
- Steam the sweet potatoes until very tender, approximately 15 minutes. Don’t remove the skin.
- Once tender, transfer to a food processor, add coconut milk, ginger, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, Maple Syrup and puree.
- Sprinkled a couple of crushed pecans on top If desired and serve immediately.
POM APPLE WALNUT SALAD
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups torn radicchio
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 3 Fuji apples, thinly sliced
- 2 heads Belgian endive, cut lengthwise into strips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Put all salad ingredients into a bowl and toss.
- Then mix all dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk briskly until blended.
- Drizzle salad dressing over salad and serve.
Serves – 8-10
- 1 10 - 12lb turkey
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 head garlic, separate cloves and chop
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- ½ teaspoon black garlic
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Clean turkey – remove organs and giblets
- In bowl combine, sage, garlic, basil, thyme, zested lemon and juice, olive oil and thoroughly whisk together.
- Baste turkey with herm mixture.
- Place turkey on roasting pan and pour the two cups of water in to the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Cook for 3.5 hours. Then let sit for roughly 20 minutes before carving.
Alaya Naturals Blog and its materials are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. All material on the Alaya Naturals Blog is provided for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified healthcare provider for any questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before undertaking any diet, exercise or other health related program.