Full holiday menu! Enjoy :)
HEALTHY HOLIDAY STUFFING- Gluten Free, paleo, keto
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 cups onion diced
- 2 cups celery diced
- 1 cup mushrooms diced
- 1 cup apple cored and diced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or dates, chopped
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 4 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups organic almond flour
- 3 eggs whisked
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery, apple, mushrooms, cranberries or dates, parsley, poultry seasoning, sage, salt, and pepper. Sauté 7 minutes.
- Transfer to baking dish. Stir in almond flour and mix well. Add the whisked eggs and stir well. Bake for 50 minutes.
ROASTED GARLIC BRUSSELS SPROUTS (approximately 130 calories)
- 8 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 heads of garlic
- 2 tablespoon oil, olive, extra-virgin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, black ground
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Separate garlic cloves and peel them.
- Toss garlic and brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables on a large baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake vegetables for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.
MASHED SWEET POTATOES
- 4 medium sweet potatoes skin on, diced into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp pure grade b maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- raw pecans, crushed (for topping if desired)
- Steam the sweet potatoes until very tender, approximately 15 minutes. Don’t remove the skin.
- Once tender, transfer to a food processor, add coconut milk, ginger, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, Maple Syrup and puree.
- Sprinkled a couple of crushed pecans on top If desired and serve immediately.
POM APPLE WALNUT SALAD
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups torn radicchio
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 3 Fuji apples, thinly sliced
- 2 heads Belgian endive, cut lengthwise into strips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Put all salad ingredients into a bowl and toss.
- Then mix all dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk briskly until blended.
- Drizzle salad dressing over salad and serve.
Serves – 8-10
- 1 10 - 12lb turkey
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 head garlic, separate cloves and chop
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- ½ teaspoon black garlic
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Clean turkey – remove organs and giblets
- In bowl combine, sage, garlic, basil, thyme, zested lemon and juice, olive oil and thoroughly whisk together.
- Baste turkey with herm mixture.
- Place turkey on roasting pan and pour the two cups of water in to the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Cook for 3.5 hours. Then let sit for roughly 20 minutes before carving.