Holistic health coach and chef Kelly Cohen, author of My Organic Diary, serves up her latest healthy and vegan take on Thai noodle soup.
Cook Time: 35 min
- ½ bottle Heaven and Earth carrot and ginger juice
- 1 leek, white parts only, washed and sliced
- 2 red onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large chunk of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 lime, juiced
- 8 oz bella, enoki or shiitake mushrooms, washed
- 4-6 oz soba or udon noodles, cooked according to packaging
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds
- Lime wedges
- In a large pot, add the avocado oil, onions, and leeks. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes until softer.
- Turn the heat medium-low and add Heaven and Earth juice, curry powder and 1 cup of water.
- Add the miso paste, lime, and fresh ginger to the pot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and the mushrooms. Cover and leave on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Using 4 individual serving bowls, place a serving of noodles in each bowl. Pour 2-3 ladles of the Thai soup preparation for each bowl. Garnish with scallions, sesame seeds, and lime wedges.
- Serve hot.
- Can be kept refrigerated for 5 days.