Makes approximately 12 pancakes
3/4 cup oat flour (or gluten-free oat flour)
1 cup all-purpose flour (or gluten-free blend)
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 1/2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
1 1/4 cup plain unsweetened almond milk (or non-dairy milk of our choice)
1/4 - 1/3 cup (depends how chocolatey you want it) vegan dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips) and whisk until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the apple sauce, maple syrup and coconut oil and mix well to combine. Then add in the almond milk and mix well to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently mix. Then fold in the chocolate chips slowly. Note: It should be pourable but still maintain a relatively thick consistency. Add additional almond milk if it is too thick, or if it is too thin then thicken with additional flour.
- Heat your nonstick skillet or cast-iron skillet until hot. Make sure the pan is oiled with coconut oil.
- Once hot, pout 1/3 cup of pancake mixture onto pan. Cook until it begins to bubble then flip and cook for 2 more minutes.