With Fall comes colorful leaves, cooling temps, gorgeous apples and of course, PUMPKINS! If you are a pumpkin fanatic this recipe is for you. And if you like delicious things, this recipe is for you as well!
You can make this with or without a pressure cooker. The latter simply cuts the time in half but you can make it on the stovetop just as easily.
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 ½ cups water
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
On the Stovetop
- Put the water and milk into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once it begins to boil add the oats and salt, reduce heat to low and gently simmer (watch it carefully so it doesn't foam up).
- Simmer for 20 minutes, occasionally stirring and scraping up any stuck oats from the bottom of the pan.
- Check the oats for desired creaminess. If you'd like it a bit more creamy, continue to simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Once done, remove from heat and stir in the maple syrup, pumpkin puree, nutmeg, cinnamon.
- Place in bowl and enjoy.
With a pressure cooker
- Put oats, water, milk, and salt to the pressure cooker pot and stir.
- Set for 10 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes and release steam.
- Then stir in the maple syrup, pumpkin puree, nutmeg, cinnamon.
- Remove from pressure cooker. Place in bowl and enjoy.
Alaya Naturals Blog and its materials are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. All material on the Alaya Naturals Blog is provided for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified healthcare provider for any questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before undertaking any diet, exercise or other health related program.